“Building a better Reflection of ME”
SELFIE yoga for girls is a 10 week program aimed at building a better reflection of girls by using the Fruit of the Spirit as the standard. It is designed for elementary age, middle school age and high school age girls. Our aim is to educate, equip, and influence these girls during their growth years.
10 WEEK PROGRAM
Week 1. Love – the ability to reach beyond yourself
Week 2. Joy – Being in-joy for no reason
Week 3. Peace – the result of living in serenity with God and others
Week 4. Patience – the ability to live through difficulties and circumstances
Week 5. Kindness – enough interest in those about us to be involved
Week 6. Goodness – honorable, upright living, conditioned with generosity
Week 7. Faithfulness – complete dependability, reliability, and loyalty
Week 8. Gentleness – having the additional quality of strength under divine control
Week 9. Self-control – Having a flexible spirit
Week 10 Yoga off the mat (eating our fruit and living our life)
TARGET AREAS OF THE PROGRAM
- Self esteem
- Body Image
- Eating disorders
- Peer Pressure
- Sibling Rivalry
Yoga helps how?
Balancing postures promotes stability and encourages one to find their footing in life absence of fear and judgment. They also teach one to explore various options when life seems unsteady. The girls will learn how to bring things into alignment using concentration, determination and self control. These poses requires focus and promotes
Standing postures are grounding poses. The goal is to assist one with finding their truth and standing their ground even when others choose not to stand with you. Stillness also, characterizes these standing poses.
Forward Bending postures are calming and energizing at the same time. These postures are an invitation to calm your breath, slow the heart rate down and settle your thoughts, thereby; relieving stress, anxiety and fatigue.
Twisting postures are both healing and energizing. These squeeze and soak postures works from the inside out giving you an instant energy lift.
Inversion postures are challenging yet soothing. They can give you a new perspective on life. Inversions teach us that there is always another way to approach a situation, person, or problem. They literally invite you to shake things up.
Backbend postures are frightening, challenging, energizing, and invigorating. Yet they help to break through insecurity and fear. They are great in building confidence and self esteem.
Restorative postures promote stillness and relaxation. They relax and calm your entire body and mind to prepare you healing and rest.
- Discover the balance between strength and flexibility,
- Discover how to use their energy
- Discover calmness and stillness techniques
- Learn the power of independence and dependence
- Learn life-long coping skills
- Empowering them to overcome negative stereotypes
- Expand their lungs for increased aerobic activity and endurance
- Develop a strong core for better physical stamina
- Strengthen the natural curvature of their spine to improve posture
- Relax their shoulders to eliminate tension and its damaging side effects
- Find their feet for better balance and coordination
- Build positive self-esteem and self-respect
- Improve mental clarity, focus and concentration
- Encourage creative thinking and original thought
- Establish tolerance to help overcome frustration
- Show kindness and compassion to others
Girls in the appropriate age range
Parents have no objection with this being a faith based program.
Parents are willing to sign up for at least one unlimited monthly yoga package for them self
To sign up or for additional information, please email Trina at email@example.com with the child’s name and age and parent contact information. You may also contact Trina at the Centre at 313.352.6788.